There are over 500,000 apps each in the Apple and Android app stores, but sometimes you just need your computer. Luckily there are ways your computer can be accessed and used from your tablet or smart phone! (by the way, you can always use the main functions of Rosemark on any device by logging into the web app. You can read about how here)
Following these steps you can use your main computer on your mobile device!
- Your mobile device must have an Internet connection.
- You must have appropriate software installed on both your computer and your mobile device.
- Your main computer must remain on at all times.
Procedure 1 (simple): Using Log-Me-In ($29.99)
- On your main computer navigate to the Log-Me-In website.
- Create a new FREE account (or sign in if you already have one).
- Download and install the software on your main computer.
- Go to the App Store or Android Market and download LogMeIn Ignition(Currently free for Apple and about $30.00 for Android.)
- Sign into your Log-Me-In account on your mobile device and select your main computer.
- Now you can remotely access your main computer gaining complete control of all of your programs!!
Procedure 2 (advanced): Using VNC ($6.99 on Apple or Free on Android)
On your main computer:
- Create an account on DynDns.com.
- Add a new Host and sign up for a 14 day free trial (which you can cancel right after they give you a free host name).
- Name the Host something you can remember likeyouragencyname.dyndns.org
- Have that Host name point to your current address (an option that is selectable).
- Download and install the Dns Update Client.
- Once installed, run the client and sign into your DynDns account to have it automatically keep you connected to your new Host name.
- Download, install, and run TightVNC server.
- Go to the Start menu and enter ‘cmd’ (without the apostrophes) in the search bar.
- Once a prompt comes up enter ‘ipconfig’ without the ‘s.
- Scroll up to find your IPv4 address and write it down; should look something like 192.168.1.100
- Log into your internet router and find the section called Port Forwarding.
- Add a new forwarding port 5900 pointing to your main computer (that number you wrote down in step 1e).
- Double click on TightVNC next to your clock to configure a password – choose something easy to remember but difficult to guess.
On your mobile device:
- Go to the App Store to get VNC Pocket Office ($6.99) or theAndroid Market to get Remote VNC Pro (Free with ads)
- Open the App and create a new VNC connection to point to youragencyname.dyndns.org
- Enter the password you configured in step 1h.
Enjoy the complete functionality of your computer on your mobile device by remotely connecting to it.
There are many applications available for Apple devices, Android devices, and computers. Do some experimenting with other applications to see which suit your needs and your budget.
We understand that these instructions may be too complicated for many. We would be happy to get you all set up to use your computer on your mobile device. We charge a small one time set up fee to do this for you, excluding cost of any software and other service fees not affiliated with Shoshana Technologies Inc.